- Factors That Affect a Circuit Board Design
- Standard vs. Custom Circuit Board Design
- Dissolution of PCB Metals Using Surfactant-Producing Bacteria
- Assembling Circuit Boards With Power Circuits
- Basic Circuit Board
- Printed Circuit Board
- Benefits of Flexible PCB Fabrication
- Questions to Ask When Working with a PCB Fabrication Company
- Outsourcing Circuit Board Fabrication Increases Customer Satisfaction
- Why Recycling Circuit Boards is Important
- The Popularity of Robotic Competitions
- Understanding the Importance of Quality Circuit Board Design
- Hiring a PCB Board Assembly Company to Reduce Costs
- Tips for building circuit boards
- How Is a Print Circuit Board Made?
- High Volume Requirements for Some Production Houses
- Ways to Save Money When Building Printed Circuit Boards
- Jobs Where Machines Have Replaced Humans
- The Printed Circuit Board Assembly Process
- Types of PCB Assembly Technologies
- Switching to solar power
- Top Reasons for Computerizing Products
- Circuit Boards Through the Years
- Circuit Board Faults – How to Find Them
- What Are Circuit Boards
- Circuit Board Components
- Circuit Boards and Product Stewardship: Environmentally Friendly Tech
- Fabrication of Printed Circuit Boards for Extreme Environments
- Printed Circuit Boards Toughen Up
- DIY PCB
- Solder Masks in Circuit Boards
- Using PCB Layout Software
- The Various Roles of Modern Circuit Boards
- The Efficiency of PCB Layout Software
- Circuit Boards in Modern Commercial Environments
- The Benefits of Using PCB Layout Software
- The Growing Popularity of Circuit Board Design Software
- Discounts and Specials on Circuit Board Design
- The Economics of Printed Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design in the Engineering Field
- The Growing Complexity of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Standard Vs. Custom
- Popular Aspects of Circuit Board Design
- Circuit Board Design: Which Options Are Best?
Dissolution of PCB Metals Using Surfactant-Producing Bacteria
The standard printed circuit board (PCB) is designed to serve two functions. It acts as a physical board upon which the various components can be added and held. It’s the structure upon which the circuit can be constructed. It also acts as the means to conduct the circuit as well. The copper layering allows for points to connect without the use of wires. The components are usually surface mounted onto the board and connected via solder to each other and to enact their function. The components that make all of our electronics are made of basic components mounted onto circuit boards. Here the major building blocks and what they do on the PCB.
This component lives up to its name in that it acts as a way to resist the current flowing through it. It doesn’t just consume power; it limits and monitors the power. By using a resistor, it can manage the current that flows around the circuit board. A resistor is essential in controlling how power in the other components is received and ensuring that they don’t overload or get consumed too quickly. The most common form of the resistor is the current limiting resistor.
Instead of looking at how the capacitor is a crucial component of the circuit board through its electric field, the easier way to understand it is to look at it as a battery. A capacitor can be charged and discharged just like a normal battery, except it can only store a very low capacity of charge. It runs out quickly in one burst, but recharges quickly again only to discharge its capacity. The common use of a capacitor is in time delays. It can also be used to filter out the noise of a circuit board. Combining capacitors can also target very specific functions, such removing the high-pitched frequencies of an audio signal.
Light Emitting Diode (LED)
Everyone understands what an LED is, but as to the function on a PCB, not many understand why it is included on many of the electronics used every day. The LED acts as a visual way to know if a circuit is working. Think of how remote controls light up when a button is pressed, or a phone lights up, or a car turn signal. These are all LEDs mounted on a PCB.
Integrated Circuit Board(IC)
The integrated circuit is found on just about any complex electronic equipment being used today, it’s nothing more than a circuit that’s been shrunk down to a smaller component. When mounted on the PCB, it’s a circuit mounted on a circuit. It usually serves a specific function or has a task that it performs. Each IC comes with a datasheet for its purpose that specifies the pins and what function they serve.
There are many other components such as transistors, inductors, other highly specialized parts. The circuit board doesn’t have to be complicated once each of the basic components is understood and what function they serve. The knowledge helps to reduce the fear associated with electronics and the omnipresent circuit board.